Renal colic – a symptom of many diseases
Prices for the services of call urologist home Appointments kidney pain
renal colic Renal colic – is a symptom that is often indicative of urolithiasis. The stones formed in the kidneys, move along the urinary tract. Infringement of the stones and the emergence of obstacles to the flow of urine can cause severe pain, which is called renal colic.
In most cases, the stones are “stuck” at the bottom of the ureter, where the bladder has the smallest gap.
- However, not only the stones can cause a stoppage of urine and, consequently, renal colic. There are other reasons:
- Sometimes ureters clogged by a blood clot, loose piece of the tumor.
- Renal colic may also occur with compression of the ureter malignant or benign tumors.
The symptom may occur when the omission of a wandering kidney, ureter kink.
Renal colic is very similar to another symptom – acute abdomen, but unlike it usually occurs when a person is in an upright position. When a person lies down, renal colic weakens. Unpleasant sensations usually occur after prolonged physical exertion, a long walk or drive on a rough road.
Renal colic: the symptoms
Initially, there is a sudden, sharp and very intense pain, having bursting with character. Usually the pain is localized to one side of the abdomen, in which there was a compression of the kidney or ureter. Sometimes, it may cover the lower abdomen, the lower back.
- If the stones are stopped at the bottom of the ureter, the pain may be given in the groin, “shoot” in the genitals, inner thighs.
- The higher the location of the blockage location can cause pain in the epigastric region or around the abdomen.
- There are spasms kidney and ureter: the body is trying to get rid of obstacles.
- Patients experience pain, fear, anxiety, often try to change the position of the body.
- Renal colic is often accompanied by false desires in the toilet, too frequent and very painful urination.
At the end of the attack, when the stone, breaking the renal vein cups, leaves, blood in the urine may occur. Most often it is not visible to the naked eye and is determined only during the study.
If blood appears in the beginning of renal colic, it may indicate the presence of cancer.
Renal colic may be accompanied by bloating, vomiting, and even delay gas stopping peristalsis.
The attack is often accompanied by strong and sharp soreness of the abdominal wall.
Typically, renal colic stops as suddenly as it had begun. Often, after an attack from the urine out of the small stones or other entities, which have caused the attack.
Renal colic: the treatment
Since renal colic renal colic patient gives a strong torment, he needed urgent help. Usually administered analgesics (morphine, Promedolum, pantopon or a combination of these drugs), antispasmodics (no-spa, baralgin). In parallel, we recommend taking a warm bath or a warm heating pad overlaying.
However, it should be borne in mind: these procedures are only possible if all excluded celiac disease and have confidence in the diagnosis of “renal colic”. As such assurance can be given only a doctor, self-medication is not recommended.
If renal colic recur, the patient should always be hospitalized. Long-term kidney blockage can be fatal. At the hospital, doctors will be able to provide effective assistance, removing the stones using endovezikalnyh procedures or, in the case of urgent need, surgically.